The ToneWay® Project: helping people play music

This is a must watch?

For those who are not already familiar with this wonderful video then it is worthy of your time. The picking is, as you might image exemplary and the respect shown by all musicians featured for each other is gratifying. I hope you enjoy this hour+ film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlneqC0mVsk&t=1s

Cancel

watching it. Wonderful. Thank you.

Cancel

Thank you , i grew up in the top of the Appalachians , in a small coal town that still has the family name. plank house old black and white television with one station snowy picture at best , but listen to the grand old orpy at night with the coal train whistle 10 ;15 blowing as it passed through the tunnel at the mouth of the hollow . the old folks would get together at grand maws on creed branch ever weekend , Dad on the 5 string, cousin joe and uncle willard on fiddles , john perry on the mandolin ,preacher on the french harp, ray sparks on the stand up. my brother and I on flat tops . the nabors would come from all around and take their turns playing and singing the women would cook and visit , the best of these times was at hog killing time. but this song was played and sang many times was one of my fathers best. still sit sometimes and pick it and think back. all most forgot { corn liquor} p.s have moved back to that small town

Cancel

I love that style of pick-en and was always told to stick to clawhammer banjo because it was the only Appalachian form from the hills. Now I know better. Thank's for the film it was great.

Cancel

Kenneth,

Thanks for sharing this film with us….good stuff

later,
Jace

Cancel
to write a reply.