The ToneWay® Project: helping people play music

Harmony Singing Recommendation

Hello All,

What are your favorite harmony singing resources? I have made great progress playing guitar as well as singing lead over the last few years. I still find harmony singing quite difficult. What do you find as the best method for singing harmony parts?

Eric

Cancel

Murphy Method is a great resource.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8V6VsSIIm04

Cancel

Hi Eric,
on Youtube look for Harmony singing videos and
“Bluegrass Harmony instruction” videos.
They all have a little something to offer.

Hopefully you can find someone in your area to practice with.

Cheers!

Cancel

Get the CD set How to Sing Harmony the Natural way. It was invaluable to me. You can get it on Amazon.

Cancel

I have been looking for some help in singing harmony too. The counterpoint seems to come easily, just think every Porter and Dolly duet you ever heard, but the lower one, not the bass, is very hard for me to hear. Are those CD's really helpful? Especially for someone who can't read music.

Cancel

Very helpful. One CD covers harmony above the melody and one covers harmony below the melody. The set contains multiple exercises which I had to do many times before I could start to get the harmony part right. So, just like playing an instrument if you do the exercises you will be able to do it if you don't do the exercises you will not be able to do it.

Cancel

Thank you! I'll get one of the neighborhood kids to show me how to get on Amazon.

Cancel

Thanks everyone.

Cancel
to write a reply.